Engineering Standards & Technical Papers
Standards and Techical Papers can be accessed in print at the Grainger Engineering Library
- SAI Global
- A useful, broad search for standards, usually without access to full-text.
- IHS Standards Expert
- A useful, broad search for standards with full-text access to ASTM Standards only. Click the first link "IHS Standards Expert" on the gateway page.
(UIUC Patrons Only)
- ASTM Standards
- Click the first link — "IHS Standards Expert" — then check the "My Subscription" checkbox on the left to limit searches to ASTM standards.
- SAE Technical Papers
- SAE often reissues their standards as Technical Papers. If the standard you are looking for is not available as a Technical Paper a hardcopy may be at the Engineering Library.
- IEEE Standards
- IEEE Xplore Digital Library provides access to journals, books, papers and standards published by IEEE which includes some AIEE & ANSI standards.
- OSHA Standards
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration Law and Regulations page includes current standards.
Print standards in Grainger Engineering Library are located on the west side of the first floor next to the Current Periodicals. Microfiche are on the lower level. Please ask at the Circulation / Reference Desk if you need help with a standard. Our collection includes a selection of standards from the following organizations.