1301 W Springfield Ave
Circulation 217-333-3576 • Reference 217-244-7826
Government Publications on the Internet
The following list identifies sources of government publications in science and technology on the Internet. The sources appear in alphabetical order by agency/organization:
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)
- National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
- DTIC's Scientific and Technical Reports Collection (STINET): provides selected full-text and bibliographic records of unclassified, unlimited technical reports. This site includes reports that have been received and processed since 1985.
- DOE Information Bridge: provides full-text
and bibliographic records of DOE-sponsored report literature produced by the DOE and
DOE contractor research and development community. This site includes reports that
have been received and processed since January 1996.
- The Virtual Library of Energy Science and Technology contains
searchable bibliographic records from peer-reviewed journal literature, gray literature (including technical reports produced by the DOE) and
a preprint network.
- Subject-specific information portals also provide full-text DOE scientific and technical reports, links to journal literature,
and other information sources.
- Energy Information Administration (EIA): an
independent statistical and analytical agency within DOE. This site provides a
comprehensive source of information relevant to energy resources and reserves,
energy production, energy demand, energy technologies, and related financial and
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL): a
multiprogram science and technology laboratory managed for DOE by Lockheed Martin
Energy Research Corporation. This site provides selected full-text and
bibliographic records of
ORNL technical reports.
- Sandia National Laboratories: a national security laboratory operated for DOE by the Sandia Corporation, a Lockheed Martin Company. This site provides selected full-text and bibliographic records of SAND technical reports.
- EPA - Laws and Regulations:
provides access to specific regulations and legislation pertaining to environmental
- EPA - Publications: provides access to EPA technical and public information.
- FAA Regulation and Certification (AVR) Group:
promotes aviation safety standards.
- Current Federal Aviation
Regulations: an index to Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Current Federal Aviation Regulations: an index to Federal Aviation Regulations.
- FAA National Aviation Safety Data Analysis Center (NASDAC): provides access to aviation safety-related databases, safety reports and publications, and information on the Global Analysis Information Network (GAIN) project.
- NASA Organizations Index: a
list of hyperlinks to NASA centers, project web sites, and other space agencies and
- NASA Scientific and Technical Information (STI)
Program Office: supports the objectives of NASA's missions and research; acquires,
processes, archives, announces, and disseminates scientific and technical aerospace
- NASA Information Locator Service:
a Government Information Locator Service (GILS) that identifies public NASA
information sources, including servers on the Internet, printed publications,
phone-based services, and similar resources.
- Scientific and Technical
Aerospace Reports (STAR): an index to aerospace-related reports, from 1996
to the present, obtained by NASA from worldwide sources; available in Adobe PDF
- NASA Information Locator Service: a Government Information Locator Service (GILS) that identifies public NASA information sources, including servers on the Internet, printed publications, phone-based services, and similar resources.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS): a service that allows users to search the many different abstract and technical report servers maintained by various NASA centers and programs.
- FedWorld Information Network: serves as
an online locator service for a comprehensive inventory of information disseminated
by the U.S. Government.
- NTIS Technical Reports Database: provides bibliographic citations to over 350,000 printed publications and technical reports that NTIS has received from government agencies since 1990. It does NOT provide subject searching or abstracts.
- NRC Reference Library: provides selected full-text and bibliographic records of NUREG-series technical reports, inspection reports, Systematic Assessment of Licensee Performance (SALP) reports, and other related documents.